I knew the minute that I decided that a certain person in the program reminded me (even if just slightly) of a certain mythic Italian character from my past that I was in trouble. I made a pact with myself that I would not discuss impending crushes or crushes or issues with people as much as I usually do. But I am not one to keep things to myself (blog being living proof of that), so what do I do? I talk to my crystal ball on ivillage.com... "does ***** want me?"
crystal ball: "I can't believe you asked me that."
me: "well, does he or doesn't he?"
crystal ball: "The answer is obvious."
me: "please, just tell me straightforwardly, does ***** want me?"
crystal ball: "For sure!"
(this is true -- I swear -- I really had this conversation with her.)
It's one-oh-six in the morning and my roommate, Lauren, who laughs I think more than anyone I know (probably why we get along so well) is asleep... so ivillage.com comes to the rescue again. This time I will try a virtual fortune cookie: "Romance is likely, strike up a conversation." My new best friend! (This website is not called "The Women's Network" for nothing.)
crystal ball: "I can't believe you asked me that."
me: "well, does he or doesn't he?"
crystal ball: "The answer is obvious."
me: "please, just tell me straightforwardly, does ***** want me?"
crystal ball: "For sure!"
(this is true -- I swear -- I really had this conversation with her.)
It's one-oh-six in the morning and my roommate, Lauren, who laughs I think more than anyone I know (probably why we get along so well) is asleep... so ivillage.com comes to the rescue again. This time I will try a virtual fortune cookie: "Romance is likely, strike up a conversation." My new best friend! (This website is not called "The Women's Network" for nothing.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home