Starting, for real
I had this beautiful winter day off until 3pm when I had to meander into my site for Geri. Geri being geri-atrics, the most chill of rotations so far. After doing a little homework, reading Love in a Time of Cholera, and taking a cat nap in the sun on my roommate's couch I found myself putzing around online looking at training schedules for half marathons and some funny Bridget Jones-ish diet blogs. So I'm here to write my manifesto. (again, but I'm putting my foot down this time, the LAST manifesto about my bridesmaid training)
They say that it takes 21 days to change a behavior. I read this in some reputable girly health magazine at the gym, so I'm sure that it's true. This is good: it gives me a discrete amount of time for the pain of dragging myself to the gym to run, of constantly having to remind myself that I don't need half a box of cereal before I go to bed, and that chocolate will not bring me eternal happiness but just a 30 minutes seratonin rush. 21 days of feeling like I'm in bootcamp and then it will magically become routine, normal, effortless gliding to my half-marathon running self.
The behavior modifiers, I'm stealing from my friends.
The rules:
1. No eating after 9pm (Teresa)
2. Eat 40 gm protein daily (Jackie)
3. Take my calcium (Kathy Smith)
4. Go to the gym 5 days a week (Jackie says seven, but I'm not as intense)
Today in the gym: 4 miles
I had this beautiful winter day off until 3pm when I had to meander into my site for Geri. Geri being geri-atrics, the most chill of rotations so far. After doing a little homework, reading Love in a Time of Cholera, and taking a cat nap in the sun on my roommate's couch I found myself putzing around online looking at training schedules for half marathons and some funny Bridget Jones-ish diet blogs. So I'm here to write my manifesto. (again, but I'm putting my foot down this time, the LAST manifesto about my bridesmaid training)
They say that it takes 21 days to change a behavior. I read this in some reputable girly health magazine at the gym, so I'm sure that it's true. This is good: it gives me a discrete amount of time for the pain of dragging myself to the gym to run, of constantly having to remind myself that I don't need half a box of cereal before I go to bed, and that chocolate will not bring me eternal happiness but just a 30 minutes seratonin rush. 21 days of feeling like I'm in bootcamp and then it will magically become routine, normal, effortless gliding to my half-marathon running self.
The behavior modifiers, I'm stealing from my friends.
The rules:
1. No eating after 9pm (Teresa)
2. Eat 40 gm protein daily (Jackie)
3. Take my calcium (Kathy Smith)
4. Go to the gym 5 days a week (Jackie says seven, but I'm not as intense)
Today in the gym: 4 miles

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home