Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hola, de Arenal!

I have precisely nueve minutos left in this internet cafe, so this entry is just for the whetting of appetites. Ahh, I flatter myself. Arenal is absolutely gorgeous, HOT and humid, reminds me a little of Netanya. The pace of life, as well. I´m starting to adopt the Tican stroll, replacing bit by bit my (dare I say) Neuva York speed walk. I´m picking up the language quicker than I imagined, but not quick enough to understand the rapid mumbling that goes on en mi casa and not nearly well enough to prevent myself from sounding like a blubbering idiot when I open my mouth. I find myself saying really stupid things and making really stupid jokes just to say something with my limited vocabulary. Mi familia es mui beuno -- wonderful -- the nicest people. Four boys, the youngest 6 the oldest 18. Exactly the kind of family I´d love to have. They´re all great to me. The six year old is really cute, he talks to me regardless of whether I understand, and I listens to me attently regardless, as well. I find myself at times randomly dropping Hebrew and French into my conversations with him without even noticing. Speaking of Hebrew, ran into an Israeli girl yesterday. God, it was so nice to be able to talk in a foreign language with ease... sigh. Talbes, one day, I may come sort of close with Spanish. Yo espero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home