#76 reason why i love my mother:
on the phone with her:
me: I'm torn between two of the electives... Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynecologic Oncology.
Mom: What would you be learning about in each?
me: I'm really interested in the HRT stuff and treating osteoporosis in endocrinology and then the breast cancer and ovarian cancer in oncology.
Mom: I would go with oncology, it sounds more interesting.
me: Really, I was leaning more towards endocrinology.
Mom: Well do whatever you want, whatever you think will be most interesting.
me: I might do endocrinology.
Mom: Ok.
me: I just feel like Oncology has gotten depressing since there really hasn't been that much headway in treatment over the past decade.
Mom: Ok.
me: I might be interested in endocrinology -- I'd sort of like to explore that.
Mom: Ok.
me: Thanks for letting me talk it out.
Mom: You're welcome. They both sound interesting, you should choose what you think will teach you the most.
15 minutes later
in my inbox:
Hello Current Clips Subscribers -NCI LION staff has just posted the latest NCI Current Clips for May 13.You can view the full record and links to the full-text articles at:https://lion.nci.nih.gov/viewitem.cfm?itemid=68134
Today's headlines:
* Therapies Cut Death Risk, Breast-Cancer Study Finds (New York Times)
* Therapies Shown to Cure Breast Cancer (Washington Post)* Cancer Research Update (San Francisco Chronicle)
* Genentech Sweeps Into Orlando Cancer Meeting on a Roll (Associated Press)
* Cephalon to Buy Developer of Drug for Lymphoma (New York Times)
...
yikes, late for class.
on the phone with her:
me: I'm torn between two of the electives... Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynecologic Oncology.
Mom: What would you be learning about in each?
me: I'm really interested in the HRT stuff and treating osteoporosis in endocrinology and then the breast cancer and ovarian cancer in oncology.
Mom: I would go with oncology, it sounds more interesting.
me: Really, I was leaning more towards endocrinology.
Mom: Well do whatever you want, whatever you think will be most interesting.
me: I might do endocrinology.
Mom: Ok.
me: I just feel like Oncology has gotten depressing since there really hasn't been that much headway in treatment over the past decade.
Mom: Ok.
me: I might be interested in endocrinology -- I'd sort of like to explore that.
Mom: Ok.
me: Thanks for letting me talk it out.
Mom: You're welcome. They both sound interesting, you should choose what you think will teach you the most.
15 minutes later
in my inbox:
Hello Current Clips Subscribers -NCI LION staff has just posted the latest NCI Current Clips for May 13.You can view the full record and links to the full-text articles at:https://lion.nci.nih.gov/viewitem.cfm?itemid=68134
Today's headlines:
* Therapies Cut Death Risk, Breast-Cancer Study Finds (New York Times)
* Therapies Shown to Cure Breast Cancer (Washington Post)* Cancer Research Update (San Francisco Chronicle)
* Genentech Sweeps Into Orlando Cancer Meeting on a Roll (Associated Press)
* Cephalon to Buy Developer of Drug for Lymphoma (New York Times)
...
yikes, late for class.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home