And the songs we'd make would be so different than before
Comes a point in my study-cycle where it feels like I'm just spending my days sitting in a room with friends and joking around. Reached that point this weekend when I traded in my library cubicle for my old spot in Belfer at a table just close enough to Justin to smack him everytime he makes fun of me and exactly across from Ilana to catch her eye and any chocolate she hurdles my way.
There's something about March that begs for change. Maybe it's the weather or maybe the Ides... Seems like I'm watching a number of my friends prepare themselves for major upheavals in one sense or another, whether it be moving themselves across continents, countries, states, boroughs, jobs, or emotional hurdles. It's inspiring and might even move me to make a few changes of my own. Starting small -- Ilana and I might paint our "living room" (read: hallway). We're in negotiations right now between red/orange and pink/lavendar (I'll let you take a wild guess on where either of us stands)... looks like the compromise will be coral.
But to all of you who are at junctions a little more important than white walls to colored walls, my heart (and maybe my rectus femoris) goes out to you. I hope it's smooth sailing. You deserve the best.
Comes a point in my study-cycle where it feels like I'm just spending my days sitting in a room with friends and joking around. Reached that point this weekend when I traded in my library cubicle for my old spot in Belfer at a table just close enough to Justin to smack him everytime he makes fun of me and exactly across from Ilana to catch her eye and any chocolate she hurdles my way.
There's something about March that begs for change. Maybe it's the weather or maybe the Ides... Seems like I'm watching a number of my friends prepare themselves for major upheavals in one sense or another, whether it be moving themselves across continents, countries, states, boroughs, jobs, or emotional hurdles. It's inspiring and might even move me to make a few changes of my own. Starting small -- Ilana and I might paint our "living room" (read: hallway). We're in negotiations right now between red/orange and pink/lavendar (I'll let you take a wild guess on where either of us stands)... looks like the compromise will be coral.
But to all of you who are at junctions a little more important than white walls to colored walls, my heart (and maybe my rectus femoris) goes out to you. I hope it's smooth sailing. You deserve the best.

1 Comments:
credits: "Love" - Rosey
Post a Comment
<< Home