like a flask filled with hope
I got a mix today from someone. I can't tell you when the last time someone made a mix for me was. That's a lie, it was for my 22nd birthday. In any case, I can't stop listening to it and am especially hooked on one particular song. That's the law of good mixes, right? You listen to it one or two times and really like most of the songs and then suddenly one song sinks it's teeth into you unexpectedly. In this case a song by one folky-artist, a Mr. Dennen, who I hadn't heard of until today. I had this terrible strangling feeling after finishing the last Harry Potter book that I'd have nothing to discover or look forward to for a long time. Have been proven wrong with music among other things on several accounts since the day after I picked up Deathly Hallows and wandered unexpectedly into a concert in Central Park.
I got a mix today from someone. I can't tell you when the last time someone made a mix for me was. That's a lie, it was for my 22nd birthday. In any case, I can't stop listening to it and am especially hooked on one particular song. That's the law of good mixes, right? You listen to it one or two times and really like most of the songs and then suddenly one song sinks it's teeth into you unexpectedly. In this case a song by one folky-artist, a Mr. Dennen, who I hadn't heard of until today. I had this terrible strangling feeling after finishing the last Harry Potter book that I'd have nothing to discover or look forward to for a long time. Have been proven wrong with music among other things on several accounts since the day after I picked up Deathly Hallows and wandered unexpectedly into a concert in Central Park.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home